A roof is the capstone to your home. You’ve laid the foundation and chosen the material for your home’s structure. Now for the final touch: the roof. You want your roof to be the best roof, to match the aesthetics of your home, and of course to perform its job: protecting everything and everybody within. But with so many options, from asphalt, metal, and wood, how do you choose? Texas Star Roofing in North Dallas offers the best residential and commercial roofing services, including residential and commercial roof installations, repairs, and estimates. We judge our success by the satisfaction of our customers and guarantee all of our work.
Texas Star Roofing understands the importance of a roof. Below, we’ll help you choose the right roofing material for you. Contact us today!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ROOFING MATERIAL FOR YOU
- Cost. This is the number one consideration for most homeowners when looking for a roof replacement. A new roof can be expensive, and you want the best bang for your buck. If you’ve always dreamed of a copper roof but can’t afford it, perhaps a different metal roof would suffice. The great thing about roofing materials is there are so many options in a variety of materials to fit your needs.
- Longevity. Roof replacement is a big job — and a big expense. Preferably, you don’t want to have to replace your roof but once in the time that you own your home. In general, the cheaper the roofing material, the less time it will last and vice versa. You’ll want to weigh your options against your budget to see how much durability in a roofing material you can afford.
- Durability. Depending on where you live, this may be a big consideration or a smaller factor in your roofing material choice. Here in the Dallas area, storms and wind can be detrimental to your roof, so you’ll want a roofing material that can withstand storms. If you live in a mountain area or a forest, fire would be a concern, so a roofing material that is fire-resistant would be a bigger factor in your roofing material selection. Metal roofing material is a great overall roof selection for protection against storms. However, metal roofing is one of the more costlier roofing materials. Texas Star Roofing offers many roofing materials for your choosing.
- Aesthetics and architectural style. You want a roofing material that will match the style of the rest of your home. For example, if you are looking for a Spanish-style home, odds are you probably want clay tile roofing to match. If you are building your retirement home in the mountains out of logs, you probably want some sort of wooden roof to match. When your home looks good, you’ll increase its curb appeal and its resale value.
- Colors. Let’s face it, this is an important factor when choosing the perfect roofing material for your home. If you’ve always dreamed of gray-blue roof, then perhaps clay is not your best bet. If your home is olive green and you want to match it perfectly, odds are, asphalt shingles has the perfect shade for you.
- Weight. This is a big consideration, especially if you have an older home. Some roofing materials, such as slate and tile, are heavy roofing materials, requiring a more solid support system than other roofing materials, such as metal roofing or asphalt roofing.
- Eco-friendly. Leaving little carbon footprint is important to most homeowners these days. You may want to consider how recyclable your roof is or if it is made from recycled materials. Asphalt shingles are notorious for taking up landfill space; whereas, metal roofing materials are completely recyclable at the end of its life.
- Slope or pitch of your home. How steep the slope of your roof is can determine which roofing material is better suited for your roof. Wood roofing materials, for example, is best used on roofs with slopes instead of flat roofs where they are prone to leaks. Most roofing materials have a recommended pitch range that you may want to heed. Talk to your professional roofing contractor such as Texas Star Roofing in Plano for more specifics as this roofing consideration can be tricky.
Texas Star Roofing happily serves the people of the Plano and North Dallas area. We are the best residential and commercial roofing contractor in the area. Our customers come first and we do all we can to make your roof the roof of your dreams. When you call us for a free roofing estimate, we’ll go over your roofing options and answer any questions you may have on which type of roofing material would be best for your home. We’ll explain our process and discuss times that would be convenient for you.
WHY CHOOSE TEXAS STAR ROOFING
Texas Star Roofing is locally-owned and operated. We have over 20 years in the roofing industry, and we pride ourselves on employing the best roofers. We are transparent in our roofing dealings and have no hidden costs. Furthermore, we have great reviews from our customers and are the authority on residential and commercial roof replacements and repairs. We offer the highest-quality roofing materials, and our roofs speak for themselves. If you’re looking for the best roofing contractor in Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, or the surrounding areas, look no further than Texas Star Roofing. We offer roofing inspections, which can help detect minor roofing issues that could become major, costing you more money. Contact us today for a no-obligation, free estimate!