When it comes time to replace your roof, there are a lot of factors to consider. Having a roof over your head is the very thing that makes your house a home; it ensures that your residential or commercial property looks great, is structurally sound, and is safe from the elements. It’s also worth considering that a sturdy, good-looking roof increases the resale value of your property. After all, would you purchase a new house that had a shoddy-looking roof? Fortunately, when it comes to knowing what to look for in the real estate market, you can trust our experienced and skilled roofers. Keep reading for the 5 essential signs of a quality roof, and make sure to hire Texas Star Roofing for all the roofing services you need.
The Top 5 Qualities of Every Good Roof:
- The Right Shape: The number one thing people trends to look for in a good roof is shape. You might prefer a home with flat roofing, for instance. Or maybe you want your roof to have a steep A-shape. Perhaps you want your roof to have room for a large attic, or perhaps you’re looking for a roof with a solid terrace. Whatever you want out of your roof, finding a shape that compliments the rest of the property is key, and a good starting point when it comes to buying a new home or business.
- Beautiful Color: The next thing you’re likely to notice about a roof after its shape is the color. Most people’s preferences in this area depend on several factors, including what the rest of a property’s exterior looks like, and where you’re located in the U.S. (here in Texas, for instance, we don’t usually think about how our roofs are going to look with snow on them.) You’re also going to want to choose something that fits your siding, trim, and shutters. In the end, you’ll know the right roof color when you see it, because it will hopefully look just as beautiful as you’d always imagined.
- Sturdy Material: For many first-time property buyers, the only thing they consider in regard to a roof is its aesthetics. But as our seasoned roofers know firsthand, how a roof looks is only one piece of a puzzle. It’s also important to consider the material, and how it will hold up over the years against the elements. Luckily, Texas Star Roofing offers a range of options, so you always get the shingles, panels, or tiles that perfectly protect your property.
- Overall Condition: The last thing you want to do is move into a new home where the roof is falling apart. And sometimes when it comes to roofing, you can judge a book by its cover. If you find a house or commercial building where the roof looks dirty, is missing shingles, or generally appears to have experienced a lot of wear and tear, it may be best to move on. Considering curb appeal is important as you don’t want to end up with a money pit, and you may sell this property one day yourself. And even if a roof does appear to be in good condition, it’s not a bad idea to hire a professional roofer for an inspection. Remember, it’s always better to call for repairs sooner rather than later, before the roof falls in or other damage occurs.
- Proper Installation: This one may seem a little more intangible, and we’re not going to lie, it usually takes the experience of a qualified professional to really be sure of. But ensuring a roof is properly installed is a smart idea for any potential property buyer. The sad reality is that unexperienced roofers or contractors who do not specialize in roofing often put shingles on wrong, or mess up your new home’s siding. Luckily, our team at Texas Star Roofing are experts when it comes to roof installation, and know how to determine quickly whether a property is sturdy, or whether that roof needs some work.
For more information on how to spot a great roof, call (972) 200-9426 now. You can also click here to send us a message online.