Roofing Contractor Association of Texas
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Since 2008
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Roofing Contractor Association of Texas
To Join RCAT, Each Contractor Must:
- Must be a principal in a roofing company domiciled in the state of Texas for at least three continuous years immediately prior to date of application. The Company must have a fixed address with a physical location; a branch office can meet the requirements of domicile provided all other requirements are met. A principal is defined as one who is actively engaged in the day-to-day management of the business, and also is in one of the following categories:
- Sole Proprietor – Owner;
- Partnership – Managing partner, general partner, or partner with at least 25% ownership interest;
- Corporate – Executive officer, or majority owner of voting stock.
- Must submit three satisfactory credit references in Texas for firm, as listed on attached application.
- Must submit four satisfactory business references in Texas, one each from a customer, a manufacturer, a supplier, and an RCAT contractor member.
- Must submit satisfactory evidence of financial responsibility as required in the application, consisting of:
- For commercial contractor applicants: $500,000 combined single limit general liability and evidence that your firm can obtain a $100,000 surety bond, cash, property bond or irrevocable letter of credit – you may send a copy of a previous bond that meets the amount stated.
- For residential contractor applicants: $100,000 combined single limit general liability insurance or evidence that your firm can obtain a $10,000 surety bond, cash bond, property bond or irrevocable letter of credit – you may send a copy of a previous bond that meets the amount stated.
- Worker’s compensation, or other plan providing approximately equivalent benefits and in compliance with Texas laws governing such coverage, acceptable to the Certification Committee.
- Must pass basic business and safety knowledge exam plus residential and/or commercial roofing exam with a score of 70% or better on each exam.
Ready to find out whether you need roof repairs, and if so, what the cost will be?
We offer free roofing inspections in the DFW area! To request yours, just fill out the form of this page.