Faux Slate Roofing in PlanoReliability Starts At The Top!
We Have an A+ Rating with the BBB
If you’re interested in a high-end roofing product that gives you the look and feel of real slate at a fraction of the cost, then you might want to consider a faux slate roof professionally installed by Texas Star Roofing.
Asking yourself why a homeowner wouldn’t want a real slate roof? They are beautiful and, if installed and cared for correctly, can last for a century or more. But slate is expensive and not readily available in all parts of the country. If the shingles aren’t handled with care, they tend to split. The best answer is a roof made out of faux slate, which can be installed for much less money than a roof made out of the real thing.
The Benefits of Faux Slate Roofing
The shingles of a faux slate roof aren’t made of stone, but a blend of polymers that were either injection- or compression-molded to look exactly like a piece of slate. They are available in many colors besides the familiar bluish-gray and can come in a variety of widths.
Other benefits of faux slate opposed to traditional slate roofing include:
- It has high durability and resistance: The best ones have a resistance rating of Class 4, which entitles the homeowner to a discount on his or her homeowner’s insurance. They also have high fire (Class A and C) and wind resistance (110 mph wind ratings).
- It is much lighter: Because it is so much lighter, faux slate does not need any extra underlying structures to support its weight.
- It lasts longer: Though slate can last a very long time, faux slate can last about 50 years.
- It comes with a lengthy warranty: Most manufacturers offer, at the minimum, a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is much cheaper: The best thing about faux slate roofing is its cost. The prices range from about $4.29 per square foot for a basic shingle to $6.30 per square foot for the very best type of shingle. (A natural slate roof can start at around $6.50 per square foot and go up to $12.00 or higher.)
Homeowners should always seek out highly rated, certified, and insured contractors before having their faux slate roof installed in Plano. Texas Star Roofing is certified by the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT), has an A+ rating with the BBB, and is a Super Service Award winner with Angie’s List year after year.